- 1 lb cauliflower florets
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 2 tbsp finely chopped scallions plus additional for garnish
- olive oil for cooking cauliflower fritters
- sour cream for garnish
Shred the cauliflower with a food processor or large cheese grater. Steam cauliflower until just tender.
Mix in cheese with cauliflower while the cauliflower is still hot, until cheese is melted and evenly mixed in.
Add in eggs, coconut flour and scallions. Mix until everything is evenly combined.
Use a 1/4 cup to scoop cauliflower batter. Use the back of a spoon to compress and compact cauliflower mixture into the measuring cup.
Add about 2 tbsp of olive oil to a nonstick skillet and bring to medium heat. Drop the cauliflower batter into the pan and press down slightly to form thick disc. Cook cauliflower a few minutes on each side until crispy. Make sure the bottom side is completely browned and cooked before attempting to flip cauliflower to other side. The cauliflower will not be stable enough to flip until one side is cooked.
Repeat with remaining cauliflower. Add more oil to pan if needed. When cauliflower fritters are done, top with sour cream and scallions and serve.
- For best results, use a non-stick skillet. This will allow you to cook the fritters with very little oil. If you use other skillets, you will need a lot more oil for the fritters to not stick to the pan during cooking.
- The nutrition estimate includes two tablespoons of olive oil, but does not include the sour cream garnish.
serving: 1fritter, calories: 92kcal, carbohydrates: 3.3g, protein: 4.6g, fat: 7.1g, saturated fat: 2.7g, sodium: 93.4mg, fiber: 1.3g, sugar: 1.2g, net carbs: 2g