This Cheesy Gluten Free & Keto Chicken Quesadilla Recipe can be Made in Under 20 Minutes!!! It’s Incredibly Easy to Make and Tastes Just Like a Traditional Mexican Style Quesadilla. The Low Carb and Keto Cheese Shell is a Perfect Fit for this Classic. You’ll Wonder Why you Haven’t Tried This Sooner! It Makes an Awesome On The Go Lunch or an Easy to Throw Together Dinner. It Would also Be Great for Parties Because it Can be Made Ahead an Reheated in Just a Few Minutes.
KETO CHICKEN QUESADILLA
Do you miss Quesadillas? If you do then you’re going to love this 6 Ingredient Keto Chicken Quesadilla Recipe. It’s so simple, yet so satisfying. I decided to replace the tortilla with a cheese shell and it worked perfectly. The best part is, it’s so quick and easy to make. I used plain chicken but you could spice yours up with a little taco spice or buffalo sauce. You could even switch out the chicken for shredded pork, shredded or ground beef or grilled shrimp. You can also use a wide range of vegetables, like avocado, grilled zucchini, onion or mushrooms.
Haven’t heard of The ketogenic diet (often called keto)? It’s a very low-carb, high-fat diet that shares similarities to paleo, Whole30, and Atkins. It involves drastically reducing carbohydrate intake, and replacing it with fat. When your body switches to burning fat for its primary fuel source, that’s when you hit ketosis. While on the Keto diet you’re supposed to get at least 70 percent of your calories from fat, 15 to 25 percent from protein, and 10 percent from carbohydrates. You’re supposed to avoid all grains, legumes, root vegetables, fruit, (except berries) and sugar.
Have You Tried Low Carb Fathead Dough Yet? If You Haven’t… You’ve Been Missing Out! It’s Amazing!!! It’s Made With a Mozzarella Cheese Based Dough that’s So Versatile. It Makes an Awesome Keto Pizza Crust, Fathead Nacho Chips or can be used to Make Tasty Keto Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls.
Keto Chicken Quesadilla
Author: Lyndsay Baker
Recipe type: Keto Mexican
- 1½ Cups Mozzarella Cheese
- 1½ Cups Cheddar Cheese
- 1 Cup Cooked Chicken
- ¼ Cup Bell Pepper
- ¼ Cup Diced Tomato
- ⅛ Cup Green Onion
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Cover a pizza pan with Parchment Paper (NOT wax paper). Mix the Cheeses together, then evenly spread them over the parchment paper (in a circle shape). Bake the cheese shell for 5 minutes. Pour off any extra oil as soon as it comes out of the oven.
- Place the chicken over half of the cheese shell. Then add the sliced peppers, diced tomato and the chopped green onion. Fold the Cheese shell in half over the chicken and veggies. Press it firmly, then return it to the oven for another 4- 5 minutes.
- Serve with sour cream, salsa and guacamole. Garnish with Chopped Fresh Basil, Parsley or Cilantro.
- Note: To reheat, preheat oven to 400 F. Bake for 6-8 minutes (if cold).