This is the Keto Diet Plan For Beginners and today we are going to walk you through some step-by-step tutorials to get you started on a life long weight journey. Remember, this isn’t a lose weight quick scheme. This is forever.
Right now you probably just want to know what you need to eat, how much you should work out, and what foods you need to avoid. All of these components are important, but honestly, the most important thing you can do is truly understand how your body works, which we will get to after I give you what you want
RECOMMENDED KETO STARTER PRODUCTS:
Let’s get this party started!
KETO DIET PLAN FOR BEGINNERS: STATS
KNOW YOUR BODY:
1) The first thing you need to do before starting the plan is to figure out where you are right now.
Weigh and measure yourself. While BMI calculators are not the best means for figuring out your body fat, most of us don’t have the money to have this done professionally.
You need to know these stats:
Weight: It is best to weigh first thing in the morning, fully nude. This will help you keep up with your true weight before eating and without clothing.
Height: Hopefully you know this, but who knows, maybe you’ve grown!
Hips: Stand with your feet about 4 inches apart and measure the widest part of your hips.
Calf: Place your weight on your dominant leg and measure your calf at its widest part – about halfway between your knee and ankle.
Thigh: Stand with your feet about 12 inches apart. Measure your upper thigh at the widest part
Wrist: Measure in the dip between the bony part of your wrist and the start of your hand.
Forearm: Tense your muscle and measure the largest part of your forearm.
Once you have your stats, you can enter them into this BMI calculator to get your BMI. As you can see, I have about 18% body fat.Keep all of your numbers in a progress journal that you can look back on to stay motivated and track your progress. Like this one – Check it out, this journal is PERFECT! It has pages for notes, goal setting, daily targets, exercise plans, measurement charts, and even a place for progress photos! How cool is that?!
2) Now you need to do a little learning before we move any further. Start by learning a bit more about ketosis itself, and the pitfalls you need to watch out for. I love Bodybuilding.com and think that this article on the Keto Diet is perfect for beginners, so go check it out. Unless you are planning to start bodybuilding part, 2 of the article will not apply to you.
KETO DIET PLAN FOR BEGINNERS: PERSONAL MACROS
3) Now that you have the information you need about your body’s present condition and info on ketosis, head over to this Keto Calculator Tutorial, and figure out how many grams of Carbohydrates, Fat, and Protein you need each day to lose weight. These numbers are critical so don’t forget to write them down. I keep a piece of paper pinned to my wall so I can easily see them when planning meals.
KETO DIET PLAN FOR BEGINNERS: GOALS
4) So, how are you feeling? Are you excited to see the numbers behind what you will be eating? You should be, because you are about to discover how you can lose weight, and still enjoy foods that taste amazing! This is going to be the last big project you complete before we get to the actual food.
5) By now you should know both where you are and where you want to be. Those are the first steps. Now it’s time to start planning your meals. You can use these food lists to help you figure out what kinds of foods you should be eating. Remember this is not a diet plan that has an end date. This is a lifestyle change that you will pass on to your children.
If you start at 20g of carbohydrates a day, you should slowly move to 50 as you reach your goal. Once you reach your goal, you can up your carbs as you see how they effect your weight. If you eat fruit for a week and gain weight, cut back. You have to figure out what works best for you. Ketosis is usually reached by only consuming 50g of carbs or less each day so that should be your starting range. I would not move past this until you have reached your goal weight and started to exercise daily (more about exercise is at the bottom of this post).
KETO DIET PLAN FOR BEGINNERS: FOOD
6) Now it’s your turn! Get to work creating healthy and delicious low carb, keto friendly meals you will love! If you’re wondering about what you can expect, be sure to read weekly experience posts and subscribe because I will be writing more daily!
Am I the only one who can’t go to this him calculator,and keto calculator
I’m unable to access th calculators
I cannot access the calculators either!!!! How can I get ahold of this administrator to let him know?? I really want to get going on keto!!! Or is there a better place to find this information?? Thanks😀