A truly delicious marble pound cake that’s low carb, keto friendly, and gluten free!
The first one didn’t rise at all and looked lumpy and chunky. It tasted pretty decent but looked absolutely horrible. The second version was a little better but I didn’t have enough batter to fill the bundt pan the way.
But the third, the third one came out so delicious I couldn’t even tell it wasn’t made with actual flour. In fact, I tried one slice and immediately ate a second. Oops (but not really if I am being honest).
- 1/2 cup Butter, softened
- 1 cup Low Carb Sweetener
- 8 oz. Cream Cheese
- 5 Eggs
- 1 tsp. Vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups ALmond Flour
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1 tsp Xanthan Gum
- 1/4 cup Cocoa Powder
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare your bundt pan by greasing it with coconut oil and set it aside.
- In a mixing bowl, add the softened butter and the swerve and mix with a paddle attachment. Allow this to mix until it is well combined.
- Next, add the softened cream cheese and allow it to incorporate into the butter mixture so there are no chunks of cream cheese present.
- Add the room temperature eggs, one at a time and allow them to be mixed in thoroughly before adding another. Then mix in the vanilla.
- Finally, add the baking soda, xanthan gum, salt, and almond flour to the mixer and beat until it is all combined.
- Take half the batter and place it in a separate mixing bowl. Add the 1/4 cup of cocoa powder and blend it in well.
- Use a two piping bags or plastic bags with the tips cut off. Add the batter of the vanilla to one and chocolate to the other.
- To form the marble cake pipe stripes of vanilla, then chocolate, then vanilla all along the inside base. The striped layers should be touching. Repeat this again with a second layer of batter over the first but alternate. A vanilla stripe goes over a chocolate and a chocolate stripe over a vanilla. Once the second layer has been added add the rest of the batter into the pan and smooth out the top with a spatula.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes. A toothpick should come out clean.
- Allow the cake to be almost fully cooled before remove from the pan.To serve- Eat plain…OR add a little butter to a pan and grill each side of a sliced piece of pound cake. Add homemade sugar free whipped cream and a few sliced strawberries.
1 .Amount Per Serving: CALORIES: 162 TOTAL FAT: 16gg SATURATED FAT: 8gg TRANS FAT: 0gg CHOLESTEROL: 95mgmgSODIUM: 295mgmg CARBOHYDRATES: 3gg FIBER: 1gg SUGAR: 1gg PROTEIN: 4gg