For the Cheesecake
- 24 oz cream cheese
- 1 1/2 cup granulated sweetener
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
For the Crust
- 1 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 tbsp flaxseed meal
- 3 tbsp sweetener
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 6 tbsp butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease a 9in springform pan, or line the bottom with parchment paper.
- Make the crust: Combine almond flour, optional flax meal, sweetener, cinnamon and salt in a mixing bowl. Stir well to break up any lumps in the almond flour.
- Add the melted butter to the dry ingredients, and stir to combine. Using your fingertips, press down flat into the bottom of the cheesecake pan.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, until just beginning to brown. Remove, and let cool at least 10 minutes while you make the batter.
- Make the cheesecake batter: In a large mixing bowl, beat the softened cream cheese until smooth. Add the sweetener, eggs, vanilla extract, and salt. Stir together until well combined.
- Pour the cheesecake batter on top of the crust. Set the cheesecake inside a large pan, and pour hot water into the other pan until it comes halfway up the sides of the cheesecake pan. Bake for about 50-55 minutes. Check the cheesecake for doneness, removing when the center of the cheesecake just jiggles a bit when you tap the side of the pan.
- Remove from the oven. Let cool on the counter for 30 minutes, then cover and chill in the refrigerator.
- Serve with whipped cream, berries, or sugar-free jam.
- To unmold the cheesecake, run a thin paring knife around the edge of the cheesecakes to help release it from the pan.
- If you want the crust to reach all the way up the sides of the cheesecakes, you can double the crust recipe.
YIELD: 12 SERVING SIZE: 1
Amount Per Serving: CALORIES: 292TOTAL FAT: 29gSATURATED FAT: 16gTRANS FAT: 0gUNSATURATED FAT: 13gCHOLESTEROL: 119mgSODIUM: 238mgCARBOHYDRATES: 3gFIBER: 1gSUGAR: 2gPROTEIN: 6g