Nutritional values (per serving)
|of which Saturated||25.8||grams|
|Magnesium||78||mg (20% RDA)|
|Potassium||601||mg (30% EMR)|
Macronutrient ratio: Calories from carbs (3%), protein (20%), fat (77%)
Ingredients (makes 6 servings)
- 2 tbsp ghee (30 g/ 1.1 oz)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, sliced (110 g/ 3.9 oz)
- 1.1 lb ground beef (500 g)
- 1 cup sliced pickled cucumbers (142 g/ 5 oz)
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard (15 g/ 0.5 oz) – you can make your own
- 2 tbsp sugar-free ketchup or tomato paste (30 g/ 1.1 oz)
- 7 oz canned chopped tomatoes (200 g)
- 3/4 cup almond flour (75 g/ 2.7 oz)
- 2 cups grated cheddar (225/ 8 oz)
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream (120 ml/ 4 fl oz)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt or pink Himalayan salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 5-6 thick-cut bacon slices or 10-12 thin-cut bacon slices (180 g/ 6.4 oz)
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C/ 360 °F. Grease a large pot with ghee. Peel and slice the onion and finely chop the garlic. Add to the pot and cook until fragrant for about 5 minutes over a medium-high heat. Stir to prevent burning.
- Place the beef in the pot with onion and garlic and cook for a few minutes until browned from all sides.
- Add the sliced pickled cucumbers.
- Add the mustard, ketchup, …… canned tomatoes, chopped parsley …… and almond flour. Mix to combine well. Take off the heat and set aside.
- Crack the eggs in a bowl and add heavy whipping cream. Season with salt and pepper and whisk using a fork.
- Place the warm cheeseburger mixture into a large baking dish.
- Add the grated cheddar cheese, pour over the egg & cream mixture and stir with a spatula.
- Place in the oven and bake tor 25 minutes at 180 °C/ 360 °F. Then, top with sliced bacon and place back in the oven for another 15-20 minutes.
- Once done, place on a rack and leave to cool down for 10-15 minutes.
- Serve with crispy greens and more pickled cucumbers. Store in the fridge for up to 5 days or freeze for up to 3 months and reheat as needed.